Thanksgiving first started in the year of 1621. Turkey was not the only food that the pilgrims enjoyed. The pilgrims most enjoyed dear meat and wild fowls. The goose was the first mascot for thanksgiving because, there was a story about how Queen Elizabeth of the 16th century was eating a roasted goose when the Spanish Armada had sunk before it could attack her country, England. Because of this news Queen Elizabeth ate a second goose. Since then then the goose became known in England and it was also the countries favorite mascot for the holiday. When does the turkey come in? When the pilgrims migrated here to the United States from England they chose to eat turkeys instead of the goose. They ate turkeys since then because geese were too hard to find here in the early days. Even though I am not yet an American, I still show gratefulness for a country that we should definitely be thankful for.
Thanksgiving
The Story Behind The Thanksgiving Turkey.
Thanksgiving first started in the year of 1621. Turkey was not the only food that the pilgrims enjoyed. The pilgrims most enjoyed dear meat and wild fowls. The goose was the first mascot for thanksgiving because, there was a story about how Queen Elizabeth of the 16th century was eating a roasted goose when the Spanish Armada had sunk before it could attack her country, England. Because of this news Queen Elizabeth ate a second goose. Since then then the goose became known in England and it was also the countries favorite mascot for the holiday. When does the turkey come in? When the pilgrims migrated here to the United States from England they chose to eat turkeys instead of the goose. They ate turkeys since then because geese were too hard to find here in the early days. Even though I am not yet an American, I still show gratefulness for a country that we should definitely be thankful for.
Thanksgiving first started in the year of 1621. Turkey was not the only food that the pilgrims enjoyed. The pilgrims most enjoyed dear meat and wild fowls. The goose was the first mascot for thanksgiving because, there was a story about how Queen Elizabeth of the 16th century was eating a roasted goose when the Spanish Armada had sunk before it could attack her country, England. Because of this news Queen Elizabeth ate a second goose. Since then then the goose became known in England and it was also the countries favorite mascot for the holiday. When does the turkey come in? When the pilgrims migrated here to the United States from England they chose to eat turkeys instead of the goose. They ate turkeys since then because geese were too hard to find here in the early days. Even though I am not yet an American, I still show gratefulness for a country that we should definitely be thankful for.
1 comments:
Very nice job! After reading this blog, I have learned so much more about Thanksgiving. To make it better, I think you should describe more about the first Thanksgiving.
Post a Comment