Welcome Miss Caroll !!!

Welcome Ms. Caroll to our sixth grade class. I hope that you enjoy your stay here at Herbert Hoover. My name is Angel. I am usually the one talking in class. (sorry) I just love to communicate with people to see what their point of view is about certain things, and to hear interesting stories about their lives. Ever since I was a baby I have always been very curious about everything, so I might ask way too many questions. Anyway, I am also a very outgoing person. A while back, I took art, creative writing, tennis, piano, (but I quit that class,) swimming, soccer, and many, many more. So far middle school isn't as bad as I imagined it would be. I thought that maybe I would be stuck with homework up until 2 am, getting pushed and pulled in the hallway, and I even thought that no one from my James Monroe would remember me. I have no idea why I was thinking about the worst case scenario. None of these things has come true yet. Looks like I was worried for nothing at all.
The best part about being in an English class is that you can write whatever you want. There are mostly no wrong or right answers. Although it does bother me that most of the times Mrs.Patalano changes our essays or creative writing pieces. Once she's done with them, most of us can't even recognize the words that she didn't correct.
I am really horrible at typing really fast. So far, I'm up to 20 words per minute according to typing test. Even if I am bad at certain things, I am really great at entertaining people. I can carry any kind of conversation you might bring up. I am also very well adaptable.
A typical day in out classroom starts with a do now, then we go directly on to the daily lesson. Every Friday, we take a grammar quiz based on words of the day, structures of sentences and many other lessons.  Also, whenever we do an oral presentation Mrs.Patalano videos us and  lets us watch it if we have extra time on Fridays after the quiz. I really love it when she reads to us. It makes us all feel very childish (in a good way.) The feel of being childish in class make me feel like it's back to the first day of school when everyone took it easy on us. The thing that I personally hate the most is our monthly typing test. I don't like it because it's very hard to get a good grade. The way you type won't affect your life anyway. Another reason why I don't like it is because I usually get bad grades on that so I tend to practice every now and then to get better.
Finally our class is mildly anxious in the morning. Just the thought of the end of the school day can make us all get crazy. I'm sure that we are all looking forward to spending 2 months with you Ms.Caroll. Welcome and have a great time.

1 comments:

Krutika said...

Great job, Angel! Your post is really good and long! From two paragraphs to five paragraphs!!! That is really good and that shows that you have interest in what you are doing. I disagree when you stated that the way you type won't affect your life because in English class, you have to always type essays and the faster you are at typing, the faster you will finish. When I grow up, I want to be a software designer, so typing is really important to me in life, not only for school but even for my career. One thing I liked that you mentioned is the part when you stated that the beginning of the can also be crazy. I really liked it because you did not just say that, the reader had to insinuate that. By the way, that is a nice way to show what you learned in class. All in all, I really liked this post!(=

Post a Comment