This past month or so, our class has been learning about the career unit. We basically planned out our educational life from this point in time up until our job interview.
One thing that we learned to do was to make a resume. A resume is what you pass in to a company when you go on an interview so that they may see your previous record, both educational and some social information is included as well. A resume consists of contact information, your objective, you educational background, you work experience, achievements, and references.
Filling out a college application is another one of the many things we did in this unit. This was used as an entry form to the college of your choice. It is almost like a resume for applying into college except this form was even more detailed.
One of the other things that we learned about is preparing, going, and what to do after an interview. This would really help me when I go on an actual interview because I would have already had a previous experience. Going on a real interview is a big deal for everyone and being prepared s the first step to getting the job, so this pre-run of the actual day 12 years from now taught me things that I would not bother learning on my own time.
This unit was very entertaining for me to learn about and the facts were very useful. One day when I'm ready to take on a job I can proudly say that I learned form the best about how to get the interview perfect.
1 comments:
Nice job on this post, Angel!! I can agree with you when you mentioned the this unit was very entertaining and the facts were very useful. When said that we learned about preparing, going, and what to do after an interview, I think you should of listed some things. Other than that, this post was nicely written.
I think you should definitely use what we learned when you need it about 10 years from now. You did a nice job on your interview and the information will most certainly help you in the future.
Post a Comment